It’s important to start cancer pain treatment as early as possible to get the most benefit.
The majority of people with cancer will experience pain at some time or another. The pain can result from the cancer itself, or from the cancer‘s treatment. At Chicago Pain Management Center, we work alongside oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, palliative physicians and others involved in care, and consult in the interventional and overall management of cancer pain. There are many different medicines and methods available to control cancer pain, including medications as well as surgical management such as:
- Vertebroplasty/ kyphoplasty, – treatments used of spinal fractures
- Osteocool – treatment used for spinal and long bone metastatic lesions
- Intrathecal Drug Pump – targeted drug delivery systems – Baclofen, Morphine, Ziconotide, etc
- Nevro and Medtronic Spinal Cord and Peripheral Stimulators
- Sympathetic Neurolytic Blocks
People who have cancer and are feeling pain need to inform their doctor immediately. The earlier pain treatment is started, the more effective it may be.